1.06 Eelake-sons - Beats

Part 1.06 of a multipart fiction about college life.

Read the other parts by going to: http://sweetnpure.blogspot.com/search/label/Beats

 ~~~~

Elections at BITS Pilani are the most boring afffair ever.

No anti campaigning.

Duh!

Run by goons called members of the election commission (GEC: La Elakeson Commissien Goone) the only interesting thing is speculations on who will be sacrificed this time. As a tradition every year these GECs pick up a random candidate and cancel his (always) / her (the only motive of ‘her’ is to make this statement politically correct) nomination.

****

This year’s election was between two (for the lack of a better metaphor) tigers. Let’s call them Tiger A and Tiger B. Now Tiger A had always worked hard, he was a CBT (Tigris Beste Collegie... Eh?) and a GSA  winner. Tiger B on the other hand was a sincere tiger, keeping everyone happy.

As you can see it was going to be an interesting election.

Tiger A and B started a widespread and massive campaign. Roping in as much support as they could. Everyone had to choose sides. I did too.

Then came the much awaited audi-ragging.

In an audi-ragging the GEC choose a panel of chipmunks to rag (question the validity of the manifestoes) the Tigers.

It is still an unproven rumour that Tiger B ate one of the chipmunks. Tiger A was seen handing over bribe to head chipmunk.

Two days before the voting the GEC made the ceremonious decision to declare that Tiger A was in fact a Chihuahua. Read as, cancelled the nomination of Tiger B.
We (I and 2000 other BITSians) decided to not vote for the Chihuahua resulting in a victory where No One won and rest is history!

****

One day I got a call from Sashi.

Come to IPC, its urgent. Really urgent!

Wondering what could have gone wrong I rushed to IPC. As I entered I could see Sashi smiling. In a very cautious way he pointed his finger towards the corner seat.

There she was. Sitting in a white dress, the light of the world. Anamika.

I had to talk to her today.

Gathering my courage. I tiptoed along the aisle. Silently taking the seat beside her (yes, it was empty ). She had opened the new social social networking site, Facebook. I was on Facebook too. (Orkut was the way to go those days). While I was making my mind on the best words to strike a conversation, I noticed she was facing some difficulty with her computer.

I offered my two words, “Go to network settings and disable the proxy.”

Continuing, “Network settings will be under.....”

She cut me off, “Done that. There is some real problem with the DNS server here in resolving the local addresses. As long as you use the IP address for local sites you will be okay.”

She closed her session. Got up. Took her bag and left.

~~~~

In next part, the heat of Academics.


In real life:
If you are really interested in what happened in the SU elections, read my post http://sweetnpure.blogspot.com/2009/07/year-after-none-won-elections-at-bits.html

0 comments:

Copyright © - Mayank Abhishek | Sweet & Pure - is proudly powered by Blogger | Template Design Credits- Design Disease