1.04 The Beauty and The Gulab Jamuns - Beats

Part 1.04 of a multipart fiction about college life.

Read the other parts by going to: http://sweetnpure.blogspot.com/search/label/Beats

~~~~

I left my room at 6 o’clock. VK#129, was the dreaded destination.

People should eat in their own messes. Why had the senior decided to take a tour of RB Mess on the first day? Why was he in front of me? Why did my sambhar fall on him? Had one of the three things not happened, I would have been a free man now.

I prayed he would not be there. I nimbly knocked at the door.

He was there. After, making me sit inside. He said, ‘I will make you wash my shirt!’ And went out.

I saw some Hollywood actress adorned his desktop wallpaper, I didn’t know who. I wondered where he had gone. Probably, to bring some washing powder.

The mystery was soon solved he entered with 2 of friends.

‘Your intro!’
I mumbled my name and branch. I guessed as soon as I gave my proper intro they would shift to something else. So, better keep them engaged on intro as long as I could.

‘What is this? Don’t you know the format?’
‘No’
‘Didn’t anyone teach you?’
‘No’

I wondered, if I will answer all questions at BITS as ‘No’. Getting me to a proper intro took about 20 minutes. Wow! Only 40 minutes till dinner, now.

There was a knock at the door. Someone entered carrying two plates of Gulab Jamuns. Everyone in the room jumped on them, except me of course. But, he moved them out of their reach.

‘These are for the cutie pie here’
No one had called me that before!

‘It is drugged.’
‘It contains ....

More, warnings continued. I reasoned. They can’t drug me now. There is no way to carry me out unnoticed. And, they can’t have me lying unconscious for long. And, anyway they all had jumped at the sight of the Gulab Jamuns.

I took two.

‘No, ragging for you if you finish this plate.’

I counted. 7 more. WTF, 7 again? Anyway, eating is better than ragging.

It was dinner time. I was granted leave.

****

I had no more room for dinner. I decided to take a walk to the library. It was there that I saw the most beautiful girl ever. She was with two of her friends. I could see her hair swaying in the light breeze.

Ok. Ok. It was not so dramatic, there was no breeze it was the fan. But, she was attractive and her hair looked beautiful.

~~~~

In the next part, club interactions and finding out more about the girl. Next post will be from campus. :)



In real life:

I still wonder, whether those Gulab Jamuns were really for me? And, the room VK#129, is my room during my second year at college.

0 comments:

Copyright © - Mayank Abhishek | Sweet & Pure - is proudly powered by Blogger | Template Design Credits- Design Disease